Biomarkers are potential prognostic, diagnostic, and treatment indicators. Despite their increasing potential for precision medicine, their development into commercial products is very challenging. The purpose of a new Baltic Sea Region (BSR) consortium is to create tools for supporting and overcoming the challenges of biomarker commercialisation.
The objectives of the BIC consortium are to create
- a biomarker development tool for researchers
- a screening and selection guide for TTOs
- a framework for technology translation into clinical setting
- new business model templates
- a biomarker platform with access to the tools and technology presentations for matchmaking
The project's budget is EUR 2.55 million and is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme with EUR 1.96 million.
Best Practice Handbook
BIC Regulatory Guide
BIC Review Tool